Read about George Packing Company and our role in shaping the hazelnut industry.
- Family Has Deep Roots in Hazelnut IndustryBy CRAIG REED For the Capital Press Hazelnuts are the main crop at Bush’s Fern View Farms, an agricultural operation a few miles west of Junction City, Ore. Dwayne and Jean Bush own the farm that includes 500 acres of hazelnut trees. Craig Reed for the Capital Press Hazelnuts are… Read more »
- Hazelnut M&M’s Have A Brand-New Recipe And People Think It’s A Big Improvement Upon The OriginalOriginal post in Delish.com There’s really only one way to settle this debate, you know: Try ‘em out for yourself. by KORIN MILLER When Mars first rolled out Hazelnut Spread M&M’s last year, people were pretty excited. After all, hazelnut + chocolate = a winning combo. But apparently you can improve upon perfection… Read more »
- Hazelnut Growers in Pacific Northwest Help Neighborhood RestaurantOriginal post in FSRmagazine.com Sisters Stacey Chapman and Janae Barton, with her husband Corey Barton, have owned the Aurora Colony Pub in rural Marion County for five years. Due to the state government’s Stay Home Order because of COVID-19, the Aurora Colony Pub and other restaurant owners like them are now limited… Read more »
- Disaster Aid Available for Hazelnut, Winegrape GrowersOriginal post in Capital Pressby George Plaven Heavy snow in February caused damage to mature hazelnut trees at Garry Rodakowski’s farm in Vida, Ore. Congress has approved a federal disaster relief package including $11 million for hazelnut growers whose crops were impacted by winter storms. [Photo credit: Garry Rodakowski] PORTLAND… Read more »
- White House Is Listening To America’s Hazelnut FarmersOriginal post in CD Media Staff Larry George of Northwest Hazelnut Company sells 50% of American hazelnuts. 99% hazelnuts produced in America come from Oregon. George gave CDMedia a follow-up interview to our last conversation regarding the trade war with one of his biggest customers — China. George has continued to meet… Read more »
- Oregon Hazelnut Industry Plans for Vigorous Chinese Export MarketChinese Consul General Forecasts Rising Demand for Oregon’s Large Inshell Hazelnuts Ambassador Wang addressed more than 200 Oregon hazelnut growers February 25, in Salem, Ore., forecasting growing Chinese demand for in-shell hazelnuts, a holiday favorite among Chinese families. [Photo: Northwest Hazelnut Company] HUBBARD, Ore. (March 2, 2020) – Northwest Hazelnut… Read more »
- Northwest Hazelnut Presents Gift to Chinese Ambassador for COVID-19 Efforts by Red CrossChinese Ambassador Wang assures Oregon hazelnut farmers of rising Chinese demand HUBBARD, Ore. – At Northwest Hazelnut Company’s annual breakfast and seminar for Oregon Hazelnut farmers in Salem earlier this month, Larry George and Shaun George of Northwest Hazelnut Company presented Chinese Consul General Wang Donghua (Ambassador Wang) with a… Read more »
- Chinese Diplomat’s Visit a Good Omen for Oregon Hazelnut GrowersOriginal post in Capital Press by Mateusz Perkowski China’s consul general in San Francisco, Wang Donghua, speaks to hazelnut growers on Feb. 25 in Salem, Ore., with Larry George, president of the George Packing Co., in the background. [photo: George Packing Co.] SALEM, Ore. — As U.S. crop sectors jostle… Read more »
- Hazelnuts Health Benefits: Why Hazelnuts are Good for Health and SkinOriginal post in PinkVilla.comBy Deblina Chatterjee Hazelnuts make for a great snack. But this dry fruit is a potential source for weight loss. Read on to know more. Hazelnuts are packed with Vitamin E, protein, dietary fiber, and healthy fats, which together contribute to our health, skin, and hair. This dry… Read more »
- Hazelnut Impacts from China Deal MurkyOriginal post in Capital PressBy MATEUSZ PERKOWSKI Hazelnuts are harvested in an orchard near Salem, Ore. The specific impacts of a trade deal between the U.S. and China remain unclear for Oregon’s hazelnut industry, though the outlook is positive. Mateusz Perkowski: Capital Press CORVALLIS, Ore. — While Oregon’s hazelnut industry… Read more »
For media and press inquiries, please contact:
Director of Communications
and Public Relations
Want to get to know (and love) hazelnuts as much as we do?
Naomi Inman, Director of Public Relations and Communications at Northwest Hazelnut Company, enjoys her nutty job managing all hazelnut-related news and information. From health aspects to sustainability to product innovation and international trade, she can help direct your questions and inquiries. Naomi has a master’s degree in Journalism and Public Policy that informs her work, spreading the word about the unrivaled flavor of hazelnuts.